Monday, September 05, 2011

happy labor day

friday was my last day of babysitting for d. he is a sweet, easy, good baby.. i told his mom that i will watch him on my fridays off if she needs me.

saturday, after pilates, i had a manicure/pedicure... i have been biting my fingernails again, but i really don't want to be putting my hands in my mouth when i am working with the kiddos.. groomed nails prevent a lot of that for me and my feet were just awful, so, even though i don't bite them, they needed prettying up.. m. did a great job as usual, although she did draw blood on 2 fingers and one toe!!! (just a little) she was so focused on those cuticles!!

sunday we were going to rent a motorcycle and spend the day riding around, but the weather wasn't great and the motorcycle doug wanted wasn't back yet and the sunday hours are shorter to begin with, so we drove around in the car for a while instead..

today is labor day... so i guess that means i have to work?? i am going to do some chores and some grocery shopping.. i will make a salad to go with the pot of lentil soup i made the other day. maybe i will make bread too.

tomorrow is the first day of work with kids.. i imagine there will be lots of crying (mostly the kids, but maybe me too!) i will feel inadequate at the end of the day.. i will do my best to spend equal time in each of the 3 rooms and to get all of my work done.. wish me luck!

No comments: