Friday, August 09, 2013

i must remember to keep my camera witth me

bryana and i left monday morning for a 5 week visit with the iguchi-beans in japan.. very kind of them to agree to have us for so long...

traveling using milage points limited the dates we could fly and being summer didn't make it any easier to choose the perfect dates for travel.. (i am not really sad about seeing my family here for 5 weeks, i just hope they'll have me back!!)  i also was not able to get a "partner" flight from boston to jfk when i booked so we were looking at a drive to New York..  lucky for me, jetblue had one of their sales a couple of weeks ago and i was able to get us a  timely flight at a reasonable rate, so we only had to drive to boston...  the only little problem was that our international flight allowed 2 bags (50 pounds each) to be checked and our jetblue flight only allowed only 1... the extra bag fee was not outrageous (in the overall  cost of things), i was really hoping to only check one bag each anyway, but my big suitcase weighed 58.5, not including my clothes which were already in a duffle bag...so sunday night we (not me so much)  were repacking  many of my things into bryana suitcase (now each weighing less than 50, but pretty close!)  and i got this really cool sit and stand stroller on virtual yardsale that i needed to bring with me so i could take nice long walks with ray and leo..(but it is so freakin hot) so that meant 2 checked bags each as well as our thousand pound carry on backpacks!!!

good ole jetblue didn't charge me for the stroller so i only had to pay one extra bag fee, yay... also, due to a couple of last minute additions, my suitcase actually weighed 51 pounds (no extra charge)

the flight into New York was smooth and when we arrived i immediately rented one of those carts because i didn't want to kill myself lugging 4 heavy bags etc, from 1 terminal to another.. wise move if i do say so myself...

we had plenty of time to find our terminal, check our bags again and get something to eat.. call to let people know we had a slight schedule change, browse the shops and exchange our currancy...

the flight to tokyo was also smooth although long, long, long (but we expected that anyway).. we flew on a 777 in case anyone was wondering...

okay so i started this post this morning and the day is now over and i have to go to sleep... i'll start another one when i wake up at 4 a.m.!!

No comments: